Thursday 7 May 2015

Announcing the re-launch of The Two Sheds Review Hall of Fame

This coming June marks the 15th anniversary of The Two Sheds Review. During that time my reviews and babblings have appeared on countless websites and in dozens of e-mail newsletters (remember them?), and it’s gone on to become Britain’s longest-running professional wrestling and mixed martial arts blog.

Long-time readers may remember that a few years ago I launched The Two Sheds Review Hall of Fame, where I paid tribute to the good and the great of the wrestling world. I basically nominated people whose work I had enjoyed during my many years as a wrestling fan. It didn’t matter if they were the most gifted or the most technical, if I enjoyed their work they went in.

The entrants into my Hall were many and varied, ranging from WWE greats such as Andre the Giant, Bret “Hitman” Hart, the Ultimate Warrior and Eddie Guerrero to British stars such as Giant Haystacks, Marty Jones and Les Kellett. Wrestling managers Paul Heyman and Bobby “The Brain” Heenan also made the cut, as did legendary scribe Bill Apter and British wrestling commentator Kent Walton. I also inducted my friend and wrestling referee, the late Joe Williams.

I lost interest in my Hall of Fame quite a while ago, and it’s been almost ten years since the likes of the Great Muta and “Rowdy” Roddy Piper were inducted. Well, all of that is about to change.

Next month, to coincide with the 15th anniversary of my babblings I’ll be officially re-launching The Two Sheds Review Hall of Fame with six new inductions. However, there will be a slight twist for the Class of 2015.

So what is this twist, I hear you ask? It’s simple really. My wresting viewing began way back when during the heady days of what has become to be known as the World of Sport era here in Britain, so it seems right that all six of this year’s class will be British. Some of those inducted will have made their name during that time, but there will be others who have made a name for themselves since then and who have carried the Union Jack proudly around the world in the name of British wrestling.

All six names will be revealed on June 1st, so you’ll have to wait until then to see who makes the cut.

But to keep you happy until then you can see the previous inductees on my blog at http://twoshedsreview.blogspot.co.uk/p/the-two-sheds-review-hall-of-fame.html, as well as on The Two Sheds Review Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/twoshedsreview.

No comments:

Post a Comment